By Umm Husam
With so many things going on in life, sometimes our energy levels are lacking. There are many simple things we can do that can boost our energy. Here are ways to you energized.
1. A good night’s sleep. How obvious is this? It is believed that sleeping from the hours of 10:00 pm to 2:00 am is better than sleeping a whole 8 hours. It is amazing how energized you will feel if you change your sleep habits.
2. Exercise. It doesn’t have to be intense workout, a simple walk or yoga can do the trick. All you need is a little movement to improve blood circulation.
3. Good diet. Skipping meals is the worst thing you can do for your body. It makes you feel weak and tired. This why some believe you should have three main meals a day plus an additional two snacks a day.
4. Naps. It took me awhile to become a believer but my husband has been implementing this for years. When he gets exhausted all he does is take a 15 minute nap and he is energized. I can’t fall asleep in that time but even just laying there relaxing does the trick for me.
5. Water. Avoid the sugary drinks replace them with water. Just adding more water and cutting out the unnecessary sugars makes such a huge difference in the energy.
6. Coffee. Coffee is great for blood circulation and also gives you energy. It is believed that one cup a day is actually beneficial because of the antioxidants.
7. Dark chocolate. A small piece of chocolate is suggested to help with your heart. Also it is suggested that it lowers cholesterol and lowers blood pressure. Seems like a win-win for such a yummy treat.
8. Green tea. I am one of many people who are caffeine sensitive. I started replacing regular tea with green tea and was amazed at the energy I felt. Other perks is that it is associated with preventing cancer, stroke and diabetes.
9. Cayenne. Adding cayenne to your food also improves your circulatory system and strengthens your heart. If you don’t know how to add it to your diet try it with the dark chocolate. I have heard many chefs swear by the combination of chocolate and cayenne being a tasty treat.
10. Eat breakfast. Another suggestion that took me a long to follow. I always had a problem with how quickly I got hungry after breakfast. But when I think about it just helps you stay on a regular eating schedule, which keeps your energy levels up.
11. Vitamins. If you are lacking in any area of vitamins usually your energy will suffer. I, like many people have a iron deficiency. Amazingly, taking a vitamin can fix this problem.
12. Honey. It acts as a remedy helps you feel better which of course boosts your energy. A little Islamic food for thought:
'Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Qur'an is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you both remedies, the Qur'an and honey.' (Bukhari)
Inshallah these suggestions will send you in the right direction to living an energized life.
I'd love to hear your views on this topic. Please post in the comments section below! :)